What is logo design and why is it important?
A logo is a symbol or graphic that is used to visually represent a business and their brand. As one of the main pieces of branding used by businesses, logos may appear on companies’ websites, social media pages, business cards, product packaging, and marketing and advertising.
Your logo can tell customers a lot about your business, and help them to connect with and remember your brand. It can also help you to stand out from your competitors.
Whether you’re a small business looking for your first logo, or an existing company that wants to upgrade to a more customised design, the importance of having the right logo cannot be underestimated.
What does the logo design process look like?
Many logo creators rely on online logo makers, logo generators, and premade logo templates. Not at Tomedia!
We believe that there is no such thing as a one size fits all approach when it comes to designing the perfect logo. That’s why our experienced graphic designers will always customise your logo so that it’s 100% unique to you and your company.
Here’s what your logo design journey will look like at Tomedia:
1. Creative brief
We’ll ask you some questions so that we get to know you and your business. This will also help us to find out more about your brand, and what you’re looking for in a logo.
Some of the questions that we might ask include:
- What does your business do?
- What products or services do you offer?
- Who are your current and potential customers?
- What sort of a message do you want to be giving your customers through your logo?
- What are your long and short-term goals?
- How would you describe your brand identity?
- How will you be using your new logo?
- Do you have any logo ideas that you want to share?
- Do you have a particular preference for certain logo styles or colours?
- Do you have any examples of other businesses’ logos that you like?
We’ll go away and do some of our own research. We will look at who the leaders are in your industry, who your direct competitors are, and what each one is doing with their logo design.
This will help us to find out:
- What a “good logo” looks like for your industry
- What elements should be included in your new logo design
- What design elements are being overused by others in your field (and should therefore be avoided)
- How we can make your logo stand out from your competitors’
Once we have a good idea of what your ideal business logo looks like, we will start brainstorming ideas for your final logo design.
We will usually begin by creating a mood board of different font, colour, image, and design samples. This will help you to visualise what we have in mind for your company logo, so we can be sure that we’re both on the same page.
We’ll then prepare some rough sketches of potential design options.
We will present our rough sketches to you, and you will have the opportunity to provide your feedback. For example:
- What do you like about our initial designs?
- Is there anything you don’t like?
- What would you like changed for the final copy?
5. Final design
Time for us to start working on your final logo design!
We will always provide you with a few variations of your finished design – for example, slightly different fonts, colours, or styles – so that you have a few to choose from.
We will share our final design with you, and you will have another opportunity to provide your feedback. If there’s something that you’d like changed, we can tweak your final design accordingly.
Once you’ve approved your logo, we will provide you with the final version as a high-quality digital vector file. Moving forward, you will be able to access this logo file any time you want to use your new logo.
Custom logo creation is just one of the digital design services that we offer at Tomedia. From large companies to small businesses, we are experienced in everything custom logo design!